History of Antwerp Cricket Club
Cricket is played for the first time in Antwerp at the Wilrycksche Plein (the site of the present-day Bouwcentrum)
The Antwerp Cricket Club is established on 11 May at a meeting held in Café Shakespeare on the Groenplaats in Antwerp.
The Club acquires a new ground in Zurenborg.
The club amalgamates, forming the Antwerp Football, Cricket and Law Tennis Club
The club’s ground is converted to a velodrome, forcing cricket to find alternative headquarters
The outbreak of war on the continent puts a temporary halt on cricket in Antwerp
1924 Cricket resumes in Antwerp on the Beerschot ground in Wilrijk
Antwerp Amateur Cricket Club is founded entirely by Belgian players commissioned in England during the war.
Cricket is played on a fairly summary basis, often consisting of scratch matches against makeshift sides or sporting clubs from further afield such as Standard Athletics in Paris.
After a brief sojourn, the Antwerp Cricket Club reforms and plays its first match at the British army barracks at Emblem.
The club acquires a permanent address in the Plantenhoekstraat on the border between Rumst and Reet.
Antwerp CC becomes a founding member of the Belgian Cricket Federation.
Antwerp CC plays its last season at the Rumst Ground before being forced to vacate it.
The club is now homeless and forced to play its matches away. A difficult period for the club.
Nevertheless, the club bounces back to win the BCF Division 2 and gain promotion.
Antwerp cricket club narrowly misses out on the 1st Division title but the future seems bright for the club.
Antwerp CC begins development of the new Antwerp Cricket Ground at Middelheim Park.